Sunday, November 14, 2010

AMURRIKN BUFFET....Korea Style

So today, Michael and I went out to eat at a recommended spot from our Canadian coworkers. May I proudly present our dining experience at....Ashley American Grill and Salad!!!


Now now now, before the judging commences. Let me esssplain to you, this was not your standard American buffet. Sure, it had its similarities: classic salad, meat, pasta, and ice cream bars with your side of 3 pizzas to choose from. Okay, so it was basically the same. Although the experience was oddly comforting/reminiscent of an afternoon of stuffing my face after church with my family and then falling asleep to the classic rock samplings of The Drive in the conversion van ride home, it had its differences okay? I swear. In fact, let me document them visually for you here. 


Tea. But not your average sweet/unsweetened. 


The black vinegar is actually quite tasty! 


Okay, it's an unflattering photo but we're not all as photogenic as me. It's a pumpkin dessert with cherries and cherry sauce. And actually, really damn good. 


Fruit bar included apples, pineapples, lychee (on the left) and rambutan. Uhhhhh-mazing. 

And of course, what Korean/American fusion buffet wouldn't be complete without a WAFFLE BAR!


My waffle: raspberry jam with some sort of honey/syrup/almond/pecan/macadamia nut concontion. Muy bien. 


Michael's taste explosion waffle: chocolate, caramel, whipped cream, oatmeal raisin cookies, annnnd the grayish stuff to the left is actually Black Sesame Ice Cream. Interesssttting flavor. 


I opted for the apple sherbet. It was a wise choice. 

Lastly, I'll leave you with an image of what every Ponderosa, Shaky's, and Golden Corral sorely lack. Exquisite interior decorating. 

  
I've always thought fake chandeliers and flowers add a nice touch. 




Daily T-shirt: OLD BLACK BISCUIT


"The belly rules the mind."  ~Spanish Proverb

1 comment: